Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hard work does pay off!

I start my last clinical tomorrow, and briefly went to school today to talk to the first year students in my program about volunteering at the pro bono clinic my department is now affiliated with.  I gave a very short and brief description about what I do, and that they should basically get involved.  That was it. Short and sweet.  Also got a free lunch, which was awesome!  Then my department head got up and started talking about this scholarship the department gives out, and turns out I was the recipient this year!  I was so surprised, and had no idea.  I almost lost it, but I think I kept my composure pretty well, (maybe....).  It just goes to show you that hard work does pay off.  I work my ass off everyday, whether it be with school, work, or training.  At times it may not seem worth your time, but in the end everything does pay off!  It was a great day!

I hate to toot my own horn, but toot toot...
Training Side note:  Soooo I will be missing some swims and possibly some rides this week, due to an infection.  Also missed my long ride yesterday....No biggie (i like pain!!![?]), Doc just recommends skipping some of the workouts until the antibiotic kicks in.  I will just HIGHLY suggest making sure your equipment is clean prior to use, and ALWAYS shower after a swim!!!!!

Another side note:  Got weighed at the doc's office, definitely put on a few lbs after the long weekend.... Got some work to do now!

No comments: