Friday, March 9, 2012

Westport St Patty's Day 4 Mile Run Preview!

Nothing much to say, other than it's MY FIRST RACE IN 2012!!!!



That's right!  It's the first time I will be having some pre-race jitters since last October!  Ah, seems like it was such a long time ago... The 4 mile race will be the shortest race I've done! (yep, no 5k yet.  Still working on building my endurance! Maybe after the Half Ironman....)

The race will be tomorrow (Saturday) at 10:00am, by far the latest start time I have seen in my short endurance career!  I'm excited for that!  The run course will be taking runners through the Westport area of Kansas City, Missouri.  I have ran through most of the course already, but it should still be fun!

While I'm very excited to get the blood pumping in a race atmosphere, I'm kinda bummed.  My left IT Band is still giving me problems, even after a complete week off of running (but a super heavy bike week, and still swimming...).  Stretching, yoga, foam rolling, and consistently icing have made a HUGE difference in the pain, but I still have it.  So my 'race' will be a fun one, and I will be running with Rachel!

I definitely think I'm about a week away from being recovered, and I don't want to take a step back in my recovery. So I'm content with starting the year off with a fun run, as opposed to the sub 27:00 4 mile run I originally wanted.

Oh well!  In the big scheme of things this year, this race literally means nothing to me.  I'm more concerned with the Rock the Parkway Half Marathon in April, and the looming Triathlon Season!!! Time to get healthy!


Back with the race report this weekend!

Thanks for reading!

P.S. Go Jayhawks!

No comments: