Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Half Ironman Training Week 2

Week 2 of training for Ironman Kansas 70.3 brought with it some challenges, on the teeter-tottering personal front.  I should have known that when my first week of the Half Ironman training plan went smoothly, the second week would have some ups and downs.

This was the first week in quite a while where school and work took it's toll on me, and I really struggled to get the workouts in after the workday during the week.  By Friday, my brain was fried, and it showed in my workouts.


Monday: 1600 yards SWIM
Tuesday: 17.5 miles BIKE
Wednesday: Recovery: Foam Roller 
Thursday: 1750 yards SWIM/ 21 miles BIKE/ 3.75 mile RUN
Friday: 6 mile RUN/ 15 minutes Strength
Saturday: 20 minutes Strength
Sunday:  NADA 


I had a great day on Thursday, and managed to fit in a swim, bike, and a run!  The last time I did that was the Shawnee Mission Park Triathlon in August!

All I managed this weekend was 20 minutes of strength training on Saturday (and watching KU blow a 8 point lead with 2:00 left in the game...), and nothing on Sunday, due to work and a Super Bowl partA.  Yeah... I missed the 2 hour Brick on Saturday and the 1.5 hour run on Sunday.  Oops... But on the other hand, I ate A TON, had a few adult beverages, and got a lil bit of homework done.

Photos from the week!!!

Max the Dog found some peanut butter!

And the subsequent bath... Worth it...

My new delivery....
The boxes from Brooks are kinda creepy...

Thanks for reading!

No comments: