Sunday, December 25, 2011

Offseason Crosstraining

Happy holiday season to ALL!!!  I got home (Topeka) today to spend some time with the fam!  Yesterday, I was off work and finally got all my holiday shopping and gift wrapping done.  Nothing like 2 days before Christmas!  And it was CRAZY out!  

Friday called for a strength training or yoga, but before my trip home, I had the lucky opportunity to join some friends on a visit to the College Basketball Experience, located right next to the Sprint Center in downtown Kansas City.


I had never been before, and had a great time!  It is a must do if you live anywhere near KC, or plan on visiting.  There are several different skills stations, including free throw contests, dunking stations with different sized goals, a three point contest, last second shots for a WIN, measuring your vertical and wingspan, and hosting your own segment of Sportscenter.

Three Point Shooting
Getting our dunk on! 

SPORTSCENTER!
I really had a great time, and found the place extremely family friendly.  There were kids everywhere!  

However, the trip was an eye opening experience for me.  Mainly because:
  • My vertical has apparently decreased by almost 10 inches since my senior year of high school (damn you gravity!)
  • My ever increasing endurance doesn't pertain to basketball (I was sucking air when playing 2 on 2)
  • I may not be able to hang with 17 year olds anymore (at least not easily...)
  • My shot is gone.  Absolutely gone.
Regardless, I didn't get blocked once (lie), and I could do some sick dunks on a 9 foot goal.  OFF THE BACKBOARD 2 HANDED WINDMILL!!!

It was also a pretty good and fun crosstraining workout.  I feel really sore today!  That's a good sign!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday, and all the good boys and girls get a visit from Kriz Kringlez!

Thanks for reading!

No comments: