Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What the eff, alarm?!

As I have previous written (uhh here!), I cannot seem to wake up before 6:00am to get workouts in during the week.  My body just won't let me, even for races!  Well, today I decided to take a huge step and make it happen!

I spent last night preparing for my early morning by getting everything I could possibly get ready set out.  I got my coffee programmed ( a must...), gym bag packed, work clothes out, shaved ( I shave once a week, and it's only for my own self esteem. Still waiting on puberty!), made my lunch, and went to bed early.

It felt weird going to bed so early, but I actually slept great.  A little too great.  Turns out, I either slept through my alarm (possible) or my phone alarm didn't go off (probable).  Either way, I looked at my phone and it said 5:53am.  No swim before work.  What really sucks is I had to  got to volunteer tonight till 9:00pm, right after my clinical. Luckily, I got out early and fit the swim in.

This may have been the first step towards totally giving up on the early morning workouts.  The only fight I have left is the humidity and temperatures at early evening in Kansas, which is usually the time I fit in my workouts.  Its much cooler in the mornings, hence the attraction.  But if I physically can't wake up, I have a problem.

I'm hoping for a surprise post sometime this week, and a minor research summary on some training practice I have yet to choose... going to get on it...

2 comments:

ScottyB said...

I struggle with that as well. Two recommendations: Use a second alarm and set them both on the other side of the bedroom.

Mark said...

Yeah, I'm probably going to add a 2nd. Or just slowly work my way earlier.