Friday, December 16, 2011

Kansas Beef Endurance Team 2012

2012 is shaping up to be a very good year!  Along with Sugoi and First Endurance, I will also be representing the Kansas Beef Council, as a member of the Kansas Beef Endurance Team!

I will be racing in a few stand alone runs during the spring and summer months, and will have the opportunity to race with a team of runners throughout the state of Kansas!  I'm very excited!

For those of you that know me well, you probably know I am quite the carnivore.  I love eating meat (in general), and really try to incorporate it into my diet as much as possible.  Since I started taking up endurance training, I have made it a priority to consume more lean cuts of beef, as well.  I have low levels of iron naturally, and choose not to take iron supplements because of the potential long-term damaging effects it could have on my body.  Beef has naturally high levels of iron, as well as zinc and protein.  And I love steaks....

For those of you that choose to live a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle, that's awesome.  I'm not about to push you into giving that up and chowin' down on some fine cutlets... It's just something I incorporate into my diet!

I think it's great that the Kansas Beef Council is able to support athletes throughout the state.  Currently, the team has over 50 athletes that are supported in races throughout the year.  Keep your eye out for the team jersey at your next race, because it might be me!!!

My Dawg (Max) and I are fueled by BEEF!
I am hoping to write up a few posts in the future about how exactly I use beef in my diet, how it helps fuel my workouts, and some easy recipes for the short-on-time triathlete!

Thanks for reading!

No comments: