Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Christmas Haul

This year, 90% of the gifts I asked for and received were Triathlon-related.  Shocker. And judging from the amount I received, I once again realized a few things:

  • Being "a good boy" all year long pays off
  • Guilting people into gifts also works quite well
  • I am absolutely blessed to have such wonderful people in my life

Here are a few things I was gracious enough to get!

2XU Wetsuit from Rach!
Race Goggles from my Sis!

New ISM Adamo race seat!
Aerobottle!
And finally....
IMKS race fee! Thanks Mom and Dad!
In 2012, I will be venturing out to the Half Ironman distance.  This will be my "A" race for next year, one that I am very excited for.  This was the first triathlon I ever saw, and can't believe I'm about to do it! From what I have heard and read, the swim can be very tough (last year, due to wind), the bike course is brutal, and the run is through the entire campsite!  

All in all, I had a good and busy holiday, and again am truly blessed by my families. 

I hope your holidays were full of family time, good food, and fun!  Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Donna said...

What a great Christmas!! I love Lawrence & that run... I've never raced it, I want too - living there for 2 years & right off the course - I have too!! Lol. Happy New Year!! & enjoy all your great gifts!!

Mark said...

Damn, that's a nice haul! I just picked up an Adamo race saddle with my Christmas money too. Put a couple of short rides on it and like it so far.

Mark said...

Donna, I'm pretty sure it's not sold out yet... :)

Mark, haven't gotten it in the mail yet, but I here it's "different". I tried one out at a LBS, and thought it was much better than my current setup.