Sunday, November 6, 2011

Miscellaneous

For the past few weeks, I have been crazy busy.  I've had to deal with longer work weeks, midterms at school, and training.  Everything has been great, especially on the training front.  I haven't missed a planned workout in awhile, something that I hope continues.  Finding a good balance is always a work in progress, but I'm figuring it out... But I do have some updates, on a personal front:
  • Following the Half Marathon in October, I have been experiencing some moderate foot pain in my right foot.  It is now 3 weeks post race, and the pain is still there.  I can walk just fine, but when I start to run, I have a pretty constant pain on the outside of my foot between my heel and pinkie toe. I have told myself to take it easy this week with zero speedwork on the runs.  If it is still bothering me next week, I'm going to a doctor.  
  • This was the first weekend I haven't worked in awhile, so Rach and I decided to head to Gary Gribbles Running Sports to check out some shoes.  I have about 200 miles on my K-Swiss Blade Lights (they still have some life in them), but I don't think they fit my feet correctly.  They are great shoes, but not for me.  Anyways, the staff at GGRS were EXTREMELY helpful!  I even had an employee, who happened to be a triathlete himself, help with shoe choices based on my gait and stride.  I tried and ran in 5 different shoes, and settled on the Brooks Ghost 4's.  I have yet to run in anything by Brooks, but they feel great! Rach found some she liked, too.  She settled on the Saucony Kinvara 2's.  I got them for her, as an early Christmas present!  And it's not even Thanksgiving!
Not big on the colors, but they feel great!
I'm hoping I can cram my feet into these for speedwork! They are light!
  • I have started my first training plan with a coach!  The next month will consist of the following:  2 resistance training workouts per week, LOTS of bike intervals, training via heart rate zones, and BRICKS!  If you are looking for a coach, check out EnduraLabs!
  • Lastly, I have my first legitimate sponsor for the 2012 race season: First Endurance!  If you are a seasoned triathlete or runner, I'm sure you have heard of First Endurance.  They are one of the largest nutrition companies aimed at meeting the nutritional needs of endurance athletes.  I am very proud to represent such a great company, and hope I can portray them in a "competitive" light.  I will be using many of the supplements for the 2012 season, and will be sure to let you know how they affect my training!
Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow new shoes and a sponsor!!!!!!!

Mark said...

Yes! Exciting!