Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Rackin' Up the Miles!

With my first Half Marathon quickly approaching/ haunting my dreams, I have been ramping up the run volume and intensity to give myself the best shot at a good time.  Well, good for my first one... Thankfully, the weather has been absolutely amazing here in KC, which has allowed me to get in some  nice and long runs!

My monthly volumes for August and September are as follows:











Apart from the lack of tennis, strength training, and volleyball, September is shaping up to be a productive and consistent month!  Twenty days in, and I already have surpassed August's totals for run volume! Crazy! Now, if only I could fit in a few volleyball matches...

I am feeling great about finishing the 13.1, as I already have 5 10+ mile runs in, with one more before my taper starts, which will begin Oct. 2.  Sweet!  I am starting to get a little nervous, as I don't know how I will pace myself early in the race, but I should be in good shape after the Cerner KC15K this Saturday.  This will be my final run-through for my race pacing and nutrition for the half marathon.

On a lighter note, I need some help.  The 15K ends inside the Livestrong Sporting KC Stadium, which is pretty unique.  What's even better is the fact that I will be on the Jumbotron/TV screen in the stadium as I finish.


I still haven't gone in the stadium, so it should be pretty cool to run on the field.  If I only had an OchoCinco jersey...

My question is this:  What should I do on the Jumbotron?  Should I smile?  Give em the Bull Horns? Flash the crowd my Heart Rate Monitor Strap/Nipples?  I am leaving this important decision up to my followers, so choose wisely and I will get some proof!

Thanks for reading!

No comments: