Sunday, July 10, 2011

Shawnee Mission Triathlon Race Report Teaser!

HUMBLING.  That's all that comes to mind when I think about that course.  I will be writing up a full report early this week, but wanted to post some quick things on the race itself soon after.

1.  I finished.  Proof.

2.  It was HOT and HILLY.  I knew the bike was going to be tough, but luckily I rode the course beforehand so I knew what to expect.  What surprised me the most was the run.  It was up and down, and then up.  Way up.  I thought the finish was on a downhill. It was not.  I managed quite a strong sprint at the end, just to make it up the hill. Sucked, but very gratifying.  

3.  I got quite the suprise when I got home after breakfast with my family.  I will mention it in my race report, but if you want to know now, follow me on Twitter.  If you already do, don't ruin the surprise...

4. It was a great race, had great volunteers, and great post-race festivities!

I'm going to enjoy the rest of my Sunday out by the pool with some beezo's (beer).  I would just like to thank Rach for helping haul my gear, taking pics (see below for a SOLID angle), and cheering!  I would also like to thank Mom, Dad, Hayley (sis), Neal and Nancy (Rach's Parentals!) for showing up, standing in the heat, and cheering me on.  It really does make a huge impact.  Hope everyone had a great weekend, and if you raced, I hope it went well!!!

Thanks Everybody!!!!

No comments: