Saturday, July 9, 2011

Twas the night before racing...

Race tomorrow!  About time, and as of now, my last Triathlon of this summer.  I doubt it ends up being my last one, I just need to find one that fits with my school and vacation schedule!!! Surprisingly, I'm really not nervous.  I was actually only nervous before the Heritage Park race back in May, mainly because of the weather.  Swimming in a 60 degree lake with a wind chill of 35 degrees was TOUGH!  However, I still just can't get to sleep the night before racing, probably just from the shear excitement.  Time for the worst sleep ever!!!

Today, I hit up the usual pre-race lunch at Chipotle during my lunch break at work.  Following Ryan's nutritional plan for racing...

#1 of 2 fajitas.... kidding...
After work, I just headed home, hung some stuff on the bare walls with Rach and tried to get the place tidied up.  Both of our parents are stopping by after the race to see the place (that rhymed...).  After that, I did a short brick workout.  I started doing this particular one the day before the Topeka Tinman, just to get some extra transition practice.  I go for a very short bike ride, transition to the run, run, transition to the bike, short ride, continue for awhile.  Nothing too strenuous, just getting the kinks out tonight.  Also, I finally figured out the Multisport mode on my watch. Sweet!

Once I showered and ate some dinner, I started gathering all my shhhhtuff for tomorrow.  Here is just about everything, minus the bike.

Did I forget anything?
After a lot of shoving and finagling, I got it all in a bag. 

From straight on, it doesn't look that big... that's what she said...
Well, all I have to do now is put on some fake tats, watch some of "the Office" on DVD, and dream about that freakin' hill tomorrow!!!  Can't wait!!! If anyone is racing too, best of luck!

ps... I hope everyone appreciated my "finagle" word drop.  Wasn't sure if that was a word, but no spell check suggestion!


No comments: