Sunday, July 31, 2011

Time for some Vacation!

I have a pretty short upcoming week at my clinical! I usually get Thursdays off because I work 4 10 hour days, but this week I get Friday off too!!! AND I don't 'actually' work that weekend, either (my paid position). Thankfully, I will have time to do some packing because I will be heading away for the next week!

Next Saturday, I will be boarding a plane VERY early and flying to South Carolina!  Our flight takes off around 5:30am, so no morning workout that day...  I am going to be meeting up with Rach's family for the week, and just "take it easy" in Hilton Head.  Rach and I went there last summer around this time, and had a blast!  Got some beach time in, played a little tennis, and tried to find the alligator at our resort!  Never saw him, but the "beware of alligator" signs were everywhere...

The Fam is renting one house for the week, and everyone is going to be staying under one roof. Luckily I know everyone in Rach's family already, or else it might be a little weird.  I am anticipating sleeping on a couch of some sort for the entire week, or maybe an inflatable mattress.  Not sure how my back will be feeling. The house has a great location, too.  It's right on the beach, but still has a pool.  I can't wait to be lounging in the pool, just staring at the ocean...

One thing I am excited about is the beach!  I am planning on running most of my runs along the shoreline in the morning.  I am hoping to get a slight breeze to cool me off, because it's going to be a little warm...

Which brings me to my second point:  Apparently it's impossible for me to escape the heat.  When Rach and I went last year, it was mid 80s the entire time.  The humidity is pretty brutal, even when compared to Kansas.  At a quick glance, it doesn't look too bad:

The 10 Day forecast for KC (Tuesday looks brutal)
That rain doesn't look good...
Anyway, the humidity in KC seems to add 6-8 degrees for the Heat Index, BUT the higher humidity in Hilton Head adds 12-16 degrees.  So yeah, going to be hot.  

Whatever, though. Its going to be a blast, I get 11 days off of my work/clinical, even though I'm sure I will be doing a good amount of reading for my fall classes already... 

One last thing:  If anyone in the KC area would like to volunteer for the Extreme Home Makeover project this week, you should definitely try.  Rach's dad was selected as a project manager, so we will be there throughout the week, helping when we can!  Please come help because you DO NOT want me helping with homebuilding projects... Seriously... If you are interested, or would like to make a donation, go HERE!!!


Have a great week, and thanks for reading!

No comments: